This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Ayres is looking to add a purpose-driven student to grow with our team. Internships are meant to be resume-boosting experiences that allow you to test drive your future career. We’ll give you that and so much more!
The Aerial Mapping group is seeking candidates for our summer intern program, to be located at our Madison, Wisconsin office. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in geospatial services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and data users. We are looking for students with unique skillsets and a desire to pursue a career in the diverse and growing geospatial field. This position is expected to consist of approximately 32-40 hours/week depending on workload.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work under the direct supervision of geospatial staff.
- Aerial imagery editing and processing.
- Lidar point cloud editing and processing.
- GIS formatting.
- Perform a variety of assignments, requiring application of standard techniques and procedures.
- May be asked to support the Land Survey group with field work on an as-needed basis.
Candidates should prepare a brief resume focused on relevant coursework and educational experiences, in addition to any pertinent work experience. Resumes should include a summary of educational projects and studies related to geospatial technologies and their application. Additionally, candidates will prepare a statement of their career objectives and professional interests. Qualifications include:
- Currently enrolled as a junior or senior at an accredited university pursuing a degree in Geography, GIS, Land Survey or another related field.
- Knowledge with GIS or CAD-based software products
- Able to communicate and interact effectively with supervisors, technicians, and other staff.
- Knowledge of aerial imagery and image processing and/or Lidar and topographic mapping.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel to the office.