Location: Madison, WI
Type: Full Time
Deadline to Apply: Open - no deadline given by employer
More Information: Aerial Mapping Lidar Professional
The Geospatial division of Ayres Associates is seeking a Lidar Professional in the Aerial Mapping group. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in Aerial Mapping and Land Survey services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and geospatial data users.
The Aerial Mapping group is looking for an individual with relevant educational or job experience related to lidar and photogrammetry projects. A background in ground control, lidar editing, quality control, data formatting, metadata, and coordinate systems would be considered a plus.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Assist production manager and project managers with project estimating, design of technical approaches, proposal development, QA/QC plan development, and contract specifications.
- Manage logistics of client deliveries, including data quality control against contract requirements, populating hard drives, creating transmittals, uploading data to client sites, and ensuring timely delivery according to project schedules.
- Participate in project interviews with project manager and production manager.
- Support client meetings and presentations as the lidar domain expert for project pursuits. Aid in client management during project execution.
- Apply knowledge of industry lidar standards and specifications and emerging technologies to active projects and project pursuits.
- Understand project financials and advise management team on technical solutions to help achieve positive financial performance.
- Review project estimates and contract scope, schedule, and fees for projects to assist in fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Assist in the production of ancillary deliverables as defined in contract scope including technical report writing and metadata.
- Prepare and oversee lidar quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Actively seek collaboration with other services around the company.
- Attend industry conferences and present on relevant topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e., GIS, photogrammetry, remote sensing, cartography, survey).
- 7 years of experience in geospatial industry or related field.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Other Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Educational or work experience in the fields of business administration, earth sciences, geography, remote sensing, land surveying, or other related discipline.
- ASPRS certification in remote sensing (CMS-Lidar or CP preferred)
- Experience with the USGS 3DEP Lidar program and high accuracy DOT corridor mapping projects is considered a plus.
- Experience with UAS and manned lidar systems is considered a plus.
- Experience with mobile lidar and terrestrial scanning is considered a plus.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and ideas flow freely.
- A desire to build the Ayres brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Reputation as a self-motivated, performance driven leader with excellent people skills.