This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
This position performs highly sensitive quality improvement activities in support of the regional NextGen911 database and mapping functions. This is responsible work involving assistance with the coordination of the County 911 system. Responsible for the management and implementation of the Countywide Next Generation 911, Road Naming and Uniform Addressing system; maintains GIS addressing and other databases; creates or edits maps. This is a temporary position through December 2023, authorized to work 1500 hours.
Examples of Duties
- Complete countywide road and sign inventory, implemented though ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro
- Interact with individual local governments and telephone companies on database issues to ensure 911 database information is accurate and done in a timely matter.
- Work with local governments to ensure that all telephone customers within the Bayfield County region have enhanced 911 service through the verification and maintenance of county/municipal street names and address ranges with all applicable phone providers.
- Assist county and city representatives in identifying all existing roads and addresses within their jurisdiction for the maintenance of the MSAG, 911 database and maps.
- Assist local government representatives to identify emergency service geographic boundaries and assign an emergency service provider number for 911 routing purposes.
- Process and investigate problem call reports received from Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) by contacting customers, coordinators or phone providers to determine and correct problems to maintain accuracy of customer records to reflect a valid 911 location.
- Monitor all “no record found” calls and PSAP initiated error reports to ensure that corrections are made to the MSAG, 911 databases or maps.
- Follow and promote policies and procedures for the public safety program and specifically database/GIS work.
- Ensure that state and national standards for 911 data, mapping and NG911 are being followed.
- Identifies existing addresses that are found to have been incorrectly assigned, are out of sequence or a result of other discrepancies and assigns new addresses.
- Travel throughout Bayfield County, to include very remote areas, four-wheel drive needed in some areas.
- 4-year in Computer Science, Real Estate, Land Records, GIS, Information Management, or related field.
- Experience with ArcGIS editing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Use ArcGIS to issue addresses and edit database.
- Understand and implement the Bayfield County address system.
- Ability to digital maps, interpret parcel maps, parcel numbers, legal descriptions, and jurisdictional boundaries.
- Ability to communicate face to face with the public relative to addressing.
- Knowledge of Bayfield County’s Land Records System NOVUS.
- Experience with Next Generation 9-1-1 standards and methodology preferred.
- Ability to lift/load posts and signs as well as install/pound posts.