This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Our changing environment presents many risks and challenges to citizens and communities across Wisconsin. One of the more immediate challenges presented is the continuous changes in flooding frequency and extents. Having current and accurate flood modeling and mapping is critical to help the state, counties, communities, and individuals make informed and safe planning decisions. In this role, you could take an important role in helping FEMA and the DNR maintain and update the important flood maps that facilitate safe and informed decision making!
In addition to assisting Wisconsinites and partnering with a federal agency and local communities, this position is responsible for the overall management of Wisconsin’s Floodplain Mapping projects. This position will coordinate Geographic Information Systems (GIS) staff assignments, track project schedules, manage budgets, and coordinate grant application materials. Coordination of all GIS-related flood mapping aspects of DNR’s Cooperative Technical Partnership (CTP) with FEMA, is required. This includes preparation, submittal and management of detailed federal project grants related to digital map production. The position also serves as the Floodplain Mapping Program GIS technical lead and makes recommendations with minimal supervisor review.
Please make sure to describe the following qualifications within your resume and/or letter of qualifications to be considered for this position:
- Leading or coordinating technical project teams with multiple contributing members including task delegation and prioritization.
- Monitoring project progress and/or budget, either as project manager or in a supporting role.
- Performing GIS data management including data conversion and transformation, GIS data editing, quality control, metadata management and creating maps to defined specifications using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS Desktop software (ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro) in the environmental, water resource, or related field.
In addition to the above qualifications, a well-qualified applicant will have experience in one or more of the following:
- With developing of GIS automation routines (scripting, modeled, add-ins, etc.) for complex geospatial data processing and/or mapping tasks.
- With the FEMA flood mapping process, FEMA software tools for developing and updating FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs), and/or the use of the Mapping Information Platform (MIP) for tracking project submittals.
- In applying for and concurrently managing grants at the state or federal level, including oversight, tracking, and/or reporting of tasks funded by grants.