This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
Responsible for creating and updating the property division maps, which are used as the base layer in Rock County’s GIS (Geographical Information System), as new and more accurate information becomes available. Assist the public and others in understanding their legal descriptions and the property assessment process. Also assist other County departments in understanding the GIS system and it’s information.
95% – Prepare & Maintain accurate ownership and description information for all parcels of real property in the County:
- Updates the Property Division Maps in the GIS system with the new parcels created by the recording of new Certified Survey Maps, Subdivision Plats, Annexations or Deeds splitting existing parcels.
- Researches records in the Register of Deeds Office and the County Surveyor’s Office for data necessary for the preparation and maintenance of the Property Division Maps, assessment and tax rolls.
- Provides annual copies of Property Division Maps to local Clerks and Assessors.
- Provides maps and digital data as requested by public or private entities and other County offices.
- Provides information and assistance to the public and other County offices regarding maps compiled and prepared in the department.
- Maintains records and assists in preparing reports.
- Attends meetings & conferences as requested.
5% – Performs other tasks as required.
Success Factors (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems and plotting devices.
- Knowledge of aerial photography and products, Geodatabse design/development, Coordinate Geometry (COGO) and common cartographic practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to make practical application of principles, practices and technology of ESRI’s ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric (including versioning and topology validation), ArcGIS Portal and other related software and equipment.
- Knowledge of the assessment and taxation process.
- Ability to read legal descriptions.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with superiors, co-workers, elected officials and the general public.
Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
- Graduation from high school or vocational school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Previous work experience in surveying, cartography, assessment or appraisal of real estate.
- Previous work experience with GIS software.
- Combination of training and experience will be considered.
Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)
- Requires long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Occasionally need to lift items between 20 & 50 pounds to complete tasks.
- Ability to work with related equipment.
- Ability to use a computer and computer keyboard.
- Familiar with the operation of other types of office equipment such as printer, fax machine, copy machine, etc.