West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission
Are you passionate about regional planning and spatial analysis? Do you want to make a positive, meaningful impact on the future of West Central Wisconsin? If so, we want to hear from you! We are currently seeking a motivated and innovative individual to join our team as an Assistant or Associate Planner.
As an Assistant or Associate Planner, you will play a crucial role in supporting our region’s planning needs. You will have an opportunity to collaborate closely with our diverse team of experienced planners. You will be tasked with assisting senior level staff in a wide variety of community planning projects in the region, while helping to create, analyze and manage geographic data that informs and supports regional planning decisions. The most immediate needs are with projects related to hazard mitigation planning, urban and rural transportation, natural resources planning, and mapping for these and more.
- Assist in the development of various types of planning projects, such as hazard mitigation plans, rural and urban transportation plans, natural resources plans, and comprehensive plans.
- Prepare maps using GIS, graphic design tools, and professional cartographic techniques to support projects and other WCWRPC functions and services.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications for various types of federal and state financial assistance for counties and their towns, villages and cities. Associate Planners oversee the administration of successful grants from start to finish.
- Assist with contracts, including contract tracking. Associate Planners provide additional contract management, including contractor oversight as needed.
- Create maps, reports, proposals, and presentations for senior staff and external stakeholders.
- Participate in community engagement efforts and project-specific public meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred for an Associate Planner. Assistant Planner candidates must possess at least one year of experience, and Associate Planner candidates at least 4 years of experience, in planning or closely related field. Internship experience may be considered towards this requirement. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Proficiency with ArcGIS is a must. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker who possesses superior written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary range is $47,250 to $65,534 depending on qualifications. WCWRPC provides a generous benefit package, starting with 3 weeks of vacation, plus 7.5 designated holidays and 3 personal holidays, a vacation purchase option, State of Wisconsin health insurance plan with the premium covered at 88%, State of Wisconsin retirement plan, flexible work hours, and much more.