This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
These full-time permanent positions are located within the Bureau of Information Technology Services, Division of Business Management, Department of Transportation headquartered at one of the DOT regional offices located in the following cities: Eau Claire, Green Bay, La Crosse, Madison, Rhinelander, Superior, Waukesha, or Wisconsin Rapids.
For the GIS Solutions Senior position, we are seeking a candidate who demonstrates the ability and experience in GIS technologies, tools, methodologies, and solutions to provide consulting, analysis, administration, and support for complex agency geographic information system (GIS) systems, applications, and platforms. These agency GIS solutions are implemented and maintained in multi-platform development environments that include web-tier, workstation, mobile, server, cloud, and database. This position supports agency GIS web services, agency GIS platforms (eg. ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise) and applications, and related GIS tools, technologies, and methodologies to support agency program needs.
This position also provides technical support for agency GIS data repositories and GIS data. This position develops, implements, tests, and administers agency on-premise and cloud (ArcGIS Online) data repositories. This position promotes policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines related to the use and governance of agency GIS data repositories, GIS data, and GIS metadata, and provides technical support to end-users of agency GIS data repositories.
Regarding the GIS Solutions Specialist, we are seeking a candidate who demonstrates leadership and expertise in all aspects of agency GIS solution design, platform implementation and administration, and solution development projects with department-wide impact. This position works within teams to identify appropriate GIS solution architectures for web, mobile, cloud, server, and/or software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms for agency GIS solutions. This position supports agency GIS web services, agency GIS systems and applications, agency GIS data repositories, and related GIS tools, technologies, and methodologies to support agency program needs. This position performs advanced technical design and development for complex IT projects and solutions.
The position provides leadership in identifying and adopting innovative GIS solution development and deployment approaches including new tooling, frameworks, practices, and methodologies. This position provides expert technical consulting, analyses, and support for complex agency GIS solutions implemented and maintained in large, very complex, multi-platform development environments. This position may require travel to various customer locations throughout the state.
Qualified applicants at the Senior level must detail having experience performing all the following in order to be considered:
- Experience implementing and supporting GIS data repositories and/or associated GIS data using advanced desktop (e.g., ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro)
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, or supporting GIS solutions that use Esri ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online platforms
In addition to detailing having all of the above qualifications, Specialist level qualified applicants will also have experience in all of the following:
- Experience with GIS programming languages (e.g., .NET/C#, Java)
- Experience working with industry-standard enterprise development tools (e.g., IntelliJ, Visual Studio, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub)
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, or supporting GIS solutions that use other GIS development tools, frameworks, software development kits (SDKs) or application programming interfaces (APIs) (e.g., ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET, ArcGIS Maps SDK for JS, ArcGIS Pro SDK for .NET, ArcPy for ArcGIS Pro)