City of Waukesha
This is a professional and technical position supporting all phases of public safety applications and databases, including complex analysis of business process and information systems, definition and documentation of systems requirements, analysis of software performance, implementation, and ongoing support of installed systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and maintains the City’s public safety CAD and RMS system, and integrated components.
- Provides data visualization through real time intelligence dashboards for the Fire and Police departments.
- Understanding of analytics and needed statistical data to leverage intelligence to enhance daily and strategic operations of the Fire and Police departments.
- Knowledge of how to use Esri – ARC GIS suite for building public safety dashboards, hot spot mapping, and other geo spatial applications.
- Maintains production, training, and testing environments for public safety applications.
- Analyzes, tests, and performs hotfixes, system updates; and facilitates system upgrades to newer versions with the vendor.
- Stays current with mandated policies, procedures, and standards.
- Participates in Public Safety Committees and other user groups that could impact Public Safety Technology and operations.
- Remains apprised of new developments regarding public safety systems and related technologies and make recommendations regarding such developments.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these systems and processes.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving processes, develops, standardizes, and maintains new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
- Communicates system and process changes, enhancements and modifications to management, peers, staff, and other employees.
- Establishes workflow processes that allows information to be available when needed.
- Maintains or implements business packages as needed and handles multiple task situations.
- Makes decisions in crisis situations; analyzes and researches software applications.
- Directs and leads solutions teams to understand the processes and/or business needs, which may include design, code and testing new programs and enhancements to existing programs, or the implementation of vendor provided solutions.
- Reports all unauthorized uses and/or security violations immediately to appropriate authorities and takes immediate action to lock down any access routes affected.
- Conducts post implementation audits to ensure the system is functioning properly.
- Creates SQL scripts, queries, and ad hoc reports.
- Administers the change control processes in compliance with City policies.
- Analyzes statutory and regulatory requirements and realigns business process for compliance.
- IT liaison to public safety system vendors.
- Expected to provide help-desk end-user support of all public safety applications.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance or a related field plus 4 – 6 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, ability and skills:
- MS Office (EXCEL, Access, PowerPoint)
- Business processes.
- Finance, Information Systems, strategic planning and applicable state laws, rules and regulations.
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Current computer automated operating software.
- Network security issues and current software.
- Programming languages and object-oriented application tools.
- The theory, operation, application, and capabilities of information technology.
- Analyze complex systems and elicit process and procedural information.
- Flow diagram processes and procedures.
- Create, analyze, and validate spreadsheet analysis of data.
- Understand and write basic software code in client/server environments using various software languages, operating systems, server types and relational databases.
- Quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Communicate and teach non-technical users.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with officials, department heads, employees, and the public, including vendors and contractors.
- Work before and after normal hours to meet deadlines.
- Analyzing problems and developing and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Data Visualization
- Geo spatial applications
- Oral and written communications.
- Organization and leadership.
- Public relations.
- Project management.
- Listening and comprehension to understand and be able to meet user requirements.
- SQL Databases, queries, and reporting
- SQL, Crystal report writing.
- SQL Server BI Stack (SSIS Integration Services, SSRS Reporting Services, SSAS Analysis Services).
Necessary Special Requirements
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.