This is an EXPIRED job listing. Do not apply for this position!
The WI Department of Transportation (WisDOT), Division of Transportation System Development (DTSD) is recruiting for a Stereo Compilation and Analytical Triangulation Specialist (Transportation Specialist Advanced). This position is located in the Photogrammetry unit within the Bureau of Technical Services!
This full time permanent position can he headquartered out of: Madison, Waukesha, Green Bay, Rhinelander, Wisconsin Rapids, La Crosse or Superior!
WisDOT is a great place to work! In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, we offer a competitive benefits package featuring:
- Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays, and 130 hours of sick time that roll over each year.
- Excellent and affordable health, vision, and dental benefits (health plan options start at just $35/month for single plans and $87/month for family plans after two months of employment)
- A casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, and telework options depending on the position’s requirements
- An exceptional pension plan with employer match and lifetime retirement payment, plus an optional tax advantaged 457 retirement savings plan
- Well Wisconsin Wellness Program
- A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being
In addition to our generous employee benefits, we strive for inclusivity and celebrate different religious holidays and cultural observances and provide flexibility for utilizing paid time off for such celebrations. For more information on WisDOT you can visit our website by clickinghere.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is an organization dedicated to creating transportation solutions through innovation and exceptional service. We are committed to fostering an environment rooted in Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, and Accountability. Click here to learn more about how we apply these values in our work.
Every day, WisDOT’s Division of Transportation System Development plays the leading role in the upkeep and improvement of nearly 12,000 miles of state highways and bridges used by millions of people. You’ll find that behind every barrel is a dedicated team from a wide array of backgrounds including engineering, planning, environmental services, public outreach, real estate, finance and many more. It can be a challenging job, but we think you’ll find it’s an awfully rewarding one, too.
We’re looking for detail-oriented critical thinkers to help deliver a quality program to build, improve and maintain transportation infrastructure throughout the state. We encourage anyone at any point in any career to take a look at WisDOT opportunities and give some thought to how your skills and resume line up. Having a good attitude, a willingness to learn and a passion for creating lasting, impactful work will go a long way here. It’s a big system with lots of opportunity and responsibilities.
The major goal of this position is to provide mapping files and digital terrain models (DTMs) of existing conditions, which are used as the basis for planning studies, design, plats, and construction final quantities.
This position independently interprets and extracts data from aerial imagery and LiDAR point clouds, and compiles engineering quality planimetric (ground features) maps and DTMs (elevation data) with a varying degree of complexity. This position operates softcopy workstations using a variety of exclusive photogrammetric and LiDAR software programs. The data compiled by this position represents the ground truth and are the sole responsibility of the compiler to ensure accurate delineation of features and elevations. The quality of the data has significant impact on the project success.
- Ability to use both hands for stereo compilation hardware
- Selected candidate must pass a stereo test prior to receiving an official offer. This test will be conducted in Madison WI.
To review the full position description, please email Sonam Lhanze at email@example.com
This position is in schedule-range (14-13) with an annual salary of $56,160 – $76,960, plus excellent benefits.
A twelve month probationary period is required. Pay for current state employees will be set in accordance with the Wisconsin State Compensation Plan.
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check which may include FBI fingerprinting.
Certain positions within this Department may allow remote/work from home flexibility for a portion of their work schedule, depending on the needs of the position and the work unit. This topic and any remote work flexibility that may be available will be discussed in more detail in the interview process. For permanent positions that allow remote work flexibility, Wisconsin residency is not required. However, it is not anticipated that working outside of Wisconsin (or bordering cities) will be allowed because positions may at times need to report to office locations in Wisconsin on short notice.
Qualified applicants will have experience with all the following:
- Experience in the application of Photogrammetric principles, methods, standards, instrumentation, and techniques.
- Experience in Photogrammetric 3D stereo compilation methods and/or Analytical Triangulation utilizing MicroStation