Minnesota IT Services
This position will provide database application development leadership for new and existing system development projects. The scope of the projects will be broad-based undertakings that will have a high impact on agency-wide processes and procedures. Core development activities will be focused upon creating and implementing PostgreSQL’s PL/pgSQL, procedures, and functions. The projects will require expertise in databases, systems and software analysis, design, development, troubleshooting and integration using PostgreSQL’s PL/pgSQL and other tools or languages as appropriate. A high level of knowledge of the existing technologies, development standards, software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, and technical industry best practices will also be required. This position will be involved with the most complex and critical systems at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA).
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience programming in the following applications/systems: PostgreSQL, PL/pgSQL, with an emphasis on work with procedures and functions.
Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience with PostgreSQL development, with an emphasis of work on procedures, and functions.
- Experience with Postgres or Oracle relational database management systems.
- Expertise in writing and tuning SQL queries.
- Experience working on a development team as a data/database developer either in an Agile or Waterfall development methodology.
A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field may substitute for three years of experience, OR a related Bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years, OR a related Associate’s may substitute for one year.
- Experience and competency with PostGIS, spatial data analysis and functions in SQL/P, and geospatial data management.
- Experience and competency in Oracle development, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Developing applications that follow best practices in relation to secure coding and accessibility.
- Experience in database, systems, software analysis, design, development, troubleshooting, and integration.
- Experience documenting technical processes and procedures.
- Creating applications to work and integrate with Cloud environments such as Azure.
- Working knowledge of web services, especially RESTFUL services
- Experience working as a team member on complex application development projects.
- Knowledge of various methodologies such as MVC, SDLC, ITIL, Project Management roles, Change and Release Management, Technical Design, and Software Development Architecture.
- Experience working with version and source code management tools such as Git and GitLab.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a remote telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
- Candidates residing outside of Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) require additional review prior to telework approval upon becoming a finalist.
- Candidates located in Minnesota, or a bordering state, do not require additional review.