The Wisconsin Geographic Information Coordination Council (WIGICC) recently announced the results of their fall election. This caps off a six week long process that started in early September. With the exception of one non-profit seat, all were elected to two year terms. Sector representatives elected include:
- Jon Fiskness (GIS Coordinator, City of Superior) – City, Village, Town Sector
- Erik Damkot (GIS Manager/LIO, Washington County) – County Sector
- Todd Clausen (Data Center Coordinator, Nonprofit Center of Milwaukee) – Non-Profit Sector
- Keith Lang (Disaster Response Coordinator, Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Inc., and President, Wisconsin Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) – Non-Profit Sector
- Trish Nau (GIS Coordinator/Recreation Planner, East Central RPC) – RPC Sector (and currently a Council member)
- Amanda Schwoegler (GIS Manager, Floodplain Management Program, DNR) – State Government Sector
This election is the first since WIGICC updated its bylaws last August to make the nominations and voting procedures more transparent and consistent from sector to sector. Council members are elected by members of the stakeholder network registered within that sector, and are asked to represent the views of their sector to the best of their ability.
Also at their August meeting, the Council decided to add four seats to their membership: a second city,village, and town sector representative (now filled by Jon Fiskness) and three “at large” members who will be nominated by the ex officio members of the council. The Council expects to fill the new at-large seats by their December 16th meeting.