In an effort to more regularly report on our accomplishments, we recently published our Fiscal Year 2011 (July 2010 to June 2011) annual report. Among other things, it includes an assessment of progress relative to our 2010-13 Strategic Plan, as well as a list of high-priority projects for 2011-12 identified in our annual business planning process.
Some highlights of our year:
- Our “ControlFinder” and “PLSSFinder” online applications were both completely redesigned.
- Working in partnership with the Robinson Map Library and UW-Madison Digital Collections, we unveiled “WHAIFinder,” a new application for searching and downloading 1930’s-era aerial photography.
- We received a $40,000 grant to develop a business plan for statewide aerial photography. Work on this project is beginning in September 2011.
- The SCO Web site was redesigned. This included a complete overhaul of both the content and graphic design.
- We delivered a total of 16 conference presentations during the year, and attended more than 20 state and national conferences.
We welcome any feedback you may have on the report, or our activities planned for the current year. Please e-mail your comments to Howard Veregin, or give him a call at (608) 262-6852.